My apologies for not posting last Thursday. Although I managed to think of a couple things I was thankful for, I was in the hospital undergoing laparoscopic gall bladder removal surgery. So today marks a week since my surgery and I am still recovering.
Here is a list of things I am thankful for this week:
- Successful surgery
- A great doctor
- My amazing, patient, kind husband
- My 11 year old daughter who was my nurse during the looonnggg weekend
- Texts and phone calls from my kids and friends offering up prayers on my behalf
- My mom who has been cooking and cleaning for the past week
- Jello!! Oh my gosh, jello
- A comfy leather sofa
- Heating pads
- Percocet (haha)
- My Kindle Fire and Amazon Prime movies and music
- Beautiful! spring tulips from my office-mates
- Dozens and dozens of get well greetings and prayers from friends on facebook.
- Lots of rest
- Time for quiet reflection and prayer
- Feeling LOADS better than when I came home last Thursday
- For God, my loving Father, who answers all my prayers.
I still have a ways to go but I am improving (even if it’s a little each day). And for that, I am thankful.
Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world.– John Milton
If you would like to share your version of “Thankful Thursday” (photos or text or both) today or in the future, you can link your post to my post on Thursdays in the comments section. Have a wonderful Thursday!